Communication between Cherrybrook Technology High School and the Community
The purpose of this page is to describe the different ways the school may send information to students, parents, caregivers and the wider community.
A current/working email address has become essential to allow a clear and easy route of communication. The email address used by the school for electronic correspondence is that stipulated in enrolment data as the primary family email, unless a request has been made by a parent or caregiver to use an alternate email address.
If this email address is incorrect it needs to be changed in enrolment data via an email to the school using: firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDENTS MUST CHECK THEIR DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION EMAIL REGULARLY. There is a forwarding facility available in the DoE email module. Once set up, all email sent to this address can be forwarded to a frequently used email address.
You may receive an email from teachers or the school from our school Gmail account.
The email address to use when contacting the school is: email@example.com
Our website provides the following information:
- Curriculum, BYOD, Uniform and Contacts Information
- The school Network Newsletter
- A calendar as a downloadable PDF with proposed dates of important school events (sometimes the dates are subject to change e.g. weather dependent events)
- Links to student services including Canvas, Student Portal, On Guard Safety
- A link to the canteen ordering facility
- P&C Info, Alumni links
- Photos of school events
- A link to the Parent Portal
• Provides instant access to upcoming events
• Parents can access current and past newsletters
• Pop-up messages (if push notifications are permitted) inform the community of important upcoming school events or urgent information
The CTHS App is available at iTunes for iOS:
The App is also available at Google Play for Android:
At the moment the Parent Portal contains the following:
- Student timetables
- Student attendance information
- Student wellbeing information
- Current and archived Academic Reports
- Parent/teacher interviews
- Network Newsletters
- Documents e.g. bell times, room plans, travel information, user charters and policies.
Invitations to join the Parent Portal are sent via email in term 1. The process for creating an account and linking it to a student/s is contained in the invitation email. If you did not receive an invitation please contact the school via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: The student key that links the Parent Portal account to a student will only need to be entered once for the whole time the student is enrolled at CTHS.
CTHS uses Edval Webchoice for subject and sports selections: https://my.edval.education/login Details about subject choices are sent to student DoE email addresses at subject selection time.
We are working on expanding the capacity of the Parent Portal to streamline many of the above processes.