Future Problem Solvers (FPS) is a HPGE (formerly GATS) initiative run by FPS Australia, a non-for profit educational organisation. FPS provides an opportunity for the students involved to develop critical, creative and futuristic thinking skills with an emphasis on co operative, small group learning and clear and concise communication of ideas.
Future Problem Solving challenges bright, motivated students to use their imagination in applying learned information and advanced thinking strategies.
The goals of the FPS program are to:
- Think more creatively by becoming involved in activities to increase the flexibility, fluency, originality and elaboration of their thinking.
- Develop research skills needed for the collection of data from past and contemporary sources.
- Relate effectively with others as members of a small, cohesive team.
- Improve oral and written communication skills for the better understanding of their ideas by others.
- Become interested in the future since this is where they will spend the rest of their lives.
- Solve problems by learning and using effectively a six step creative problem solving process.
- Think critically and analytically about significant societal issues.
More can be found about FPS here: http://www.fpsp.org.au/