Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) encompasses the expressive areas of Dance, Drama, Music and Visual Arts. Within these subjects, it is possible to specialise in different media, discover new ways to express yourself and take advantage of the many opportunities to perform and exhibit your own creations.
The following subjects are offered in Creative and Performing Arts:
Stage 4: 200 Hour Mandatory Courses
- Visual Arts – Students learn the elements of art in varying forms such as Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Ceramics, Digital Media, Printing, and Photographic and Digital Media.
- Music – Students learn basic keyboard, guitar and notation skills, introduction to the orchestra and investigate various musical styles.
- Drama – Students learn aspects of Voice, Mime, Puppetry, History of Theatre and Characterisation
Stage 5: Elective Courses
Students can elect to do these courses as 100 hours, 200 hours or some as semester courses:
- Recording Industry Skills
- Digital Imaging
- Film and Video
- Drawing and Illustration
- Wet and Digital Photography
- Visual Design
Stage 6: 2 Unit ATAR Courses
These courses are offered for Year 11 Preliminary and Year 12 HSC:
- Music 1
- Music 2 and Extension
- Visual Arts
- Visual Arts Photographic and Digital Media