Creative Arts (CAPA) encompasses the expressive areas of Music, Visual Arts, Dance and Drama. Within these subjects, it is possible to specialise in different media, discover new ways to express yourself and take advantage of the many opportunities to perform and exhibit your own creations.
The following subjects are offered in Creative Arts:
Stage 4 – 200 hour courses
- Visual Arts – Students learn the elements of art in varying forms such as Painting, Sculpture, Ceramics, Digital Media, Printing and Drawing.
- Music – Students learn basic keyboard, guitar and notation skills, introduction to the orchestra and investigate various musical styles.
- Drama – Students learn aspects of Voice, Mime, Puppetry, History of Theatre and Characterisation.
Stage 5 – Elective Courses
Students can elect to do these courses as 100 hours, 200 hours or some as semester courses:
- Recording Industry Skills
- Digital Imaging
- Film and Video
- Drawing and Illustration
- Visual Design
These courses are offered for Year 11 Preliminary and Year 12 HSC:
- Photography 1 Unit (Year 11 only)
- Visual Arts