This enrolment policy has been developed with the agreement of the Principal, parents and the Director of Public Education. It is reviewed each year by the placement panel.
All new enrolments must provide proof of residence through current documentary evidence. Those applicants who do not have the threshold of residential proof documentation required by the Department of Education, are considered on an individual basis.
Applicants must submit the following:
Australian citizens or permanent residents residing WITHIN the local drawing area:
Complete the “Application to Enrol in a NSW Government School” form.
Return the application form to the school with copies of the following documents which are all necessary for an application to be processed:
- Copies of school reports for at least the last 12 months. If applying for Year 10 copies of school reports for the past 2 years are required.
- Documents which confirm your home address within our drawing area. You will be required to provide documents that add up to a minimum of 100 points. (Refer to the 100 Points Checklist, see below.) These documents must be in the family name, for the current residential address and must be originals or certified true copies. In some circumstances the Enrolment Panel may request additional documentation to support enrolment applications.
- Proof of Identity and evidence of student’s residential status (birth certificate, passport and visa).
- Documents that confirm medical conditions experienced by the student and a current medical plan from a General Practitioner. This includes Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Allergies and all serious medical conditions. The Department of Education requires parents to provide full disclosure of all medical conditions. Parents must contact the Head Teacher Wellbeing to discuss medical conditions and appropriate documentation.
- Please note that the Department of Education requires all students with anaphylaxis to carry their Epipen auto-injector wrapped with their current ASCIA Anaphylaxis Personal Plan with them at all times at school. The plan should be wrapped securely around the Epipen.
The school will notify you of the results of your application. (This may take up to five working days to allow time to verify and check the application). If successful, the school will contact you to arrange an interview time.
An interview with the parent/caregiver and student with the Stage Head Teacher will finalise the enrolment process. A starting date will be confirmed only at this time.
Australian citizens or permanent residents residing OUTSIDE the local drawing area of CTHS:
Due to the high demand for student placement at Cherrybrook Technology High School the only non-local enrolment applications considered by the placement panel are those relating to:
- siblings of students already enrolled in the school
- medical reasons relating to disability provisions requiring the facilities of this school
- compassionate circumstances of a serious nature.
In addition, senior school non-local enrolments are considered if the established curriculum can accommodate them and the reason relates to:
- availability of subjects or combinations of subjects not available elsewhere.
To apply, write to the Principal (Mr Gary Johnson). You must include all relevant details concerning the reasons for seeking an out of area enrolment (as listed above). You may wish to include copies of support material.
False or Misleading Enrolment Information or Practices:
The “Application to Enrol in a NSW Government School” form requires the applicant to declare the information provided is correct. It also makes it clear the provision of false information can result in the enrolment being reversed. Any decision to reverse an enrolment needs to take into account the special circumstances of the matter. This includes determining if the student was an ‘out of area enrolment’.
If a person provides materially false or misleading information to a school when making an application for enrolment, this is an offence which has a penalty of up to 2 years imprisonment [Section 307B of the Crimes Act 1900].
Temporary Visa Holders:
Contact: 1300 300 229. Following the issue of an Authority to Enrol, follow the procedures outlined above for Australian Residence enrolment.
International Student Visa Holders:
Contact International Student Centre (ISC) 1300 302 456
Cherrybrook Technology High School is unable to accept International Students on a student visa.
If you want more information about Year 6 into 7 enrolments, download the following: