Stage 4 students study a wide variety of subjects in Years 7 and 8. For detailed information about Stage 4 at Cherrybrook Technology High School, read the Stage 4 Booklet. If you will be a new student to CTHS, you can read the Open Night Booklet.
Staffing information about Stage 4 for 2020
- Stage 4 Head Teacher: Rebecca Howard – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 7 Advisers: Emma Campbell and Emily Mallison
- Year 8 Advisers: Belinda Eathorne and Jack Bracken
Year 7 specific information may be found here.
Gifted and Talented Program Entry at CTHS
The process to enrol at Cherrybrook Technology High School for Year 7 begins in March of the previous year ie. when students are in Year 6.
- An Expression of Interest for Placement in Year 7 is completed by parents and reviewed by the Cherrybrook Technology High School Enrolment Committee.
- By the end of May, successful and unsuccessful applicants are notified and ONLY successful applicants are provided with an application to sit an entrance examination for placement in the Year 7 GATS class.
- This examination is held at the school during August of the year prior to students starting in Year 7.
- Only students who have been notified that their Expression of Interest for Placement at CTHS in Year 7 was successful are eligible to sit this examination.
- Multiple criteria are used to determine the class and to ensure the selection process is fair and reliable.
- Placement of students in the Year 8 GATS class is based on student achievement in Year 7 and recommendations from Year 7 teachers.
- There is no application process or entrance examination for the Year 8 GATS class.