Year 9 receive 4 periods of PDHPE per 2 week cycle. This is broken down as follows:
- 2 periods of Health and Personal Development (in the classroom)
- 2 periods of PE (skills/games/dance)
Year 9 receive one double period of PDHPE per fortnight.
Health and Personal Development
Students are issued with a custom designed OneNote file which they use on their laptops. The units of work in Year 9 are:
- Remember the Titans (supporting yourself, supporting others, leadership)
- Supersize Me (healthy food habits, health consumerism)
- Illicit Drugs (cocaine, heroin, ecstacy, steroids)
- Rethinking Drinking (drug use and abuse – alcohol)
- Don’t Tell Me (contraception, sexual health, STDs)
Sport Opportunities for Year 9
In addition to the three carnivals per year, Year 9 compete in weekly sport on Thursday afternoon. This is broken into two groups, Grade Sport (where students compete against teams from other schools) and Intra Sports (where they participate in sports within the school or sports of a recreational nature).
The Sports vary seasonally, but typical sports will include:
- Grade – Basketball, Cricket, Frisbee, European Handball, Rugby League, Speedaway, Futsal, Netball, Touch, Badminton, Volleyball, Waterpolo, Table Tennis, etc.
- Intra – Badminton, Bushwalking, Dance, Ice Skating ,Basketball, Soccer, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Squash, Table Tennis, Tenpin Bowling, Tennis, Yoga, Cricket and Tae Kwon Do.
Additionally, students are eligible to compete in the CHS Knockout competition teams and individual events.